Ok – these are INCREDIBLE. Make them, eat them, enough said.
2 x Original nom bars2 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp brown rice syrup
3 tbsp cacao powder
2 tbsp coconut oil
3 brown rice syrup
- Start by taking the nom bars and squishing them together to create a dough like mixture. Press this into the base of a lined dish/container and set aside.
- For the caramel filling, mix together the peanut butter and rice syrup and then gradually add in a splash of almond milk to help emulsify the mix, until you’re left with a smooth, spreadable consistency. (You want this to still be reasonably thin).
- Spread the caramel evenly over the base and place these into the freezer to set for an hour.
- For the chocolate coating, gently melt the coconut oil until liquified and stir through the cacao and rice syrup. Once the chocolate has started to thicken slightly, you’re ready to coat the caramel bites.
- Remove the slices from the freezer and slice into squares. Coat each one in a generous layer of chocolate and return them to the freezer to set. I find using a wire wrack is the neatest way to do this, as the excess chocolate can just drip off the bars and avoid them getting too stuck. You could also garnish them with some crushed nuts or cacao nibs if you would like.
- Allow these to set in the freezer for at least an hour before digging in. Enjoy!