- 50g melted coconut oil 80g coconut sugar 40g cashew butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp bicarbonate of soda Generous pinch of salt
- 35g ground almonds
- 80g buckwheat flou
- 5 tbsp cashew butter 4 tbsp honey
- Splash of almond milk
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line a cupcake tray with paper cases.
- In a food processor, combine the coconut sugar, coconut, oil, cashew butter and honey and blend until completely mixed.
- Add in the eggs and blend again.
- Now, pour in your dry ingredients and continue to blend until the mixture comes together and is really smooth and creamy.
- Divide the mixture between the cupcake cases and pop these into the oven for 15 minutes to bake. Test the cakes are completely cooked, by piercing with a skewer and if this comes out clean then the cakes are ready.
If not, you can cook them for a further couple of minutes and lower the oven a little if they begin to burn on top.
- Transfer these onto a wire wrack and allow to cool completely.
- For the frosting, combine the cashew butter and honey and mix well. Add a splash of almond milk and pinch of salt and continue to mix, until smooth and creamy.
- Frost each of the cakes and garnish with popcorn and an extra sprinkle of sea salt.