250g cubed butternut squash 2 large carrots
1/2 large white onion
2 cloves garlic
1 small apple
450ml vegetable stock
Splash of coconut milk
A few sage leaves
Handful of Nom Foods salted popcorn
- Preheat your oven to 180c and chop the carrots into small chunks. Spread the veggies onto a baking tray and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Roast these in the oven for 40 minuets until nice and caramelised.
- Meanwhile, finely dice the onion and add a tsp of olive oil into a frying pan. Sauté these over a medium heat until translucent. Crush in the garlic and continue to cook until fragrant.
- Chop the apple into small pieces and add these into the pan with a couple of sage leaves. Cook this down until the apple is nice and soft. You can add a splash of water to the pan, to prevent everything sticking if needed.
- Once the veggies are cooked through, pop these into a blender along with the onions, garlic, apple and veggie stock. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add a splash of coconut milk and season to taste with pepper.
- To make the popcorn croutons, heat a small amount of olive oil in a frying pan and sauté a handful of popcorn with a few sage leaves. Allow the sage to crisp and infuse their flavour into the popcorn.
- Serve the soup into bowls and top with your popcorn and crispy sage.